My 3D scrunch flower was made rather quickly, if you would like to try and make one!!
1. Punch out two 2" circle scallops, two 1 3/4" circle scallops, and two 1 1/2" circle scallops, in this order and set aside.
2. In the same order that you punched your scallops, layer them on top of each other ( from the bottom...largest to smallest) and then take a small brad and insert it through the top and through all layers.
3. Starting with the smallest 1 1/2" circle scallop, start scrunching the scallops inward and gently to form the inside of your flower. Do this same step on the next scallop, and so forth until you form a scrunchy looking flower. I made my flower look like it was just starting to bloom! But...this technique is so forgiving that each flower you make is unique! You can make tight flower buds, or a flower that appears to be more open!! Try it..I'd love to see it!!
Note: the two petals were handrawn by me and then srunched and distressed just a tad! I then took my awesome Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive to adhere my scrunchy flower to the petals and then the whole flower to my card!! Gotta love the way this glue adheres and so quickly!
Details - "Just a Note" Card
Supplies - Stamps: {ippity} by Unity; Printed Papers: Crate Paper (Paper Doll Collection); Brad: Recollections; Die Cuts: Spellbinders; Label: Stampin' Up; Circle Scallop Punches: EK Success Paper Shapers & Stampin' Up; Decorative Scissors: Fiskars; Ink: Versafine; Adhesives: Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive & Adhesive Runner
Have a wonderful week!!


27 comments:
So pretty love the flower... this weeks challenge theme on my blog is flowers :D have a great week!
This is beautiful and love that flower and the DP.
Gorgeous card - thanks for sharing your flower making technique!
This is such a card. Love the papers and the paper flower looks terrific.
Oh Karen! This is stunning! LOVE that dp! Super fab! And that fluffy flower is to die for! Love this card!
This is just BEAUTIFUL!
Oh my that flower is gorgeous!
Oh, how lovely! Love the colours and paper. Must try one of those diy flowers....
Beautiful flower!!! Love it.
lisa a.
wow! I do my flowers the same way, but never change the sizes of my scallops-what a fantastic look this creates! gotta try this. great card, Karen!
this is gorgeous, love that flower!
WOW...looks like I need to buy a few more scallop circle punches!! I love the effect and the colors on your card are fabulous :)
such a gorgeous flower! thanks for the tutorial on them:)
Karen, this is soooooo adorable...love the papers you used, the gorgeous flower..just a beautiful card!!!
Girlie....this is another adorable creation with a pretty flower!!! So love the papers you worked on this, too!!! Hugs...
beautiful flower.
What a lovely flower! Thanks for the instruction.
So pretty, the flower turned out lovely. Such bright colors too.
beautiful creative flower.. love it!! your card is Stunning!!
Karen your flower came out so beautifully and is the perfect embellishment for your card!! I love it and thanks for the directions... I so need to try that! Love it!!
KAREN!!! WOW, I LOVE that flower...I am definitely going to have to try that out! SUPER fun card...I just love those bright happy colors!
WOW Your Card And flower are amazing!!!
so pretty - bright and fun!!!
Always amazing
SO pretty--love the colors, DPs, and the stamp of course:) TFS!
Karen, what a lovely card and your flower is amazing! I can't wait to try and make these flowers!
hi, so delighted I stumbled across your blog on two peas, your cards are amazingly beautiful! hugs mandyxx
Post a Comment