Wednesday, July 7, 2010

La-La Land Challenge #46 - Side Steppin' with Lotus

It's time for another La-La Land Crafts Challenge - LLWWC#46, which is to make a "Stair Step" or "Side Step Card", along with using your La-La Land Crafts Stamps! 

I decided follow this SCS tutorial: TLC257 - Side Steppin'  - "Side Step" Card!  Isn't sweet Lotus looking so sweet sitting on the steps wishing you a "happy birthday"?  After I purchased this 6x6 Designer Paper Pad by Kaiser Craft called "Devonshire", I knew this would make for a wonderful shabby chic card!  So, off I went and used 4 of the sheets of my paper pad, along with those beautiful label dies and scallops that come in the paper pad...yes, can you believe it...in this size pad!!   Such a deal, and if you are interested, you can find that pad of paper at Thoughts 2 Paper!

I went with a little rose garden theme.  Pulled the colors from the pad of papers and colored in Lotus with my Copics, and then distressed the whole card!  Lastly, I added the back Martha Steward background border punch so it would appear that Lotus was sitting right in front of a rose garden trellis! What do you think?


Details - "Happy Birthday" Card
Supplies -  Stamps: La-La Land Crafts (Lotus); Printed Paper: Kaiser (6x6 Pad-Devonshire); Cardstock: Bazzill; Border Punch: EK Success; Mini Sticker Letters: My Little Shoebox (cream); Adhesive Pearls: Queen & Co; Crinkly Ribbon: My Stash; Flower: Prima; Distress Ink: Ranger (Tea Dye); Quick-Fix Adhesive Runner: Helmar

Be sure to check out the La-La Land Crafts Challenge #46, and visit La-La Land Crafts Blog to see what awesome creations the designers have to share with you for this week's challenge!  Lots of  fab-u-losity going on for sure!!

Hugs & Smiles,

7 comments:

Cheryl Valadez said...

What gorgeous details and papers! Love your card, Karen!

Eva said...

This card is ADORABLE!!!! Love all the little details, sooo sweet!

1LuvnMama said...

Awww, luv your side step card Karen! You did an excellent job and luv all the details you put into it!

Irina Blount said...

OH!!! I LOVE how Lotus is sitting on the steps of the garden!! ADORABLE!!

Hugs!!
:) Irina

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, she's beautiful sitting in her garden!

Earline said...

This is a stunning card

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love how you have this girly sitting on the stair! Totally awesome!