Wednesday, July 21, 2010

La-La Land Challenge #48 - Upcycle it!!

Happy Wednesday..It's time for this week's La La Land Crafts Challenge, and that is to... take something that you would normally throw away and "upcycle" it into something fabulous to use on your card!

My upcycle item is to taking a page from an old book, and creating a beautiful flower for my card!  Since Princess La La is all elegantly dressed in her beautiful and sparkly gown and tiara, I decided to create a matching sparkly flower!

The dress, tiara, and flower have all been colored in with my Copics.  Then, I added some diamond Stickles for that bit of sparkly.  I also added that sweet little pearl for part of her necklace! The designer papers are from Basic Grey's Capella line, which I totally adore!!



Click to enlarge!
Have fun checking out what the rest of the Design Team has to share today at the La-La Land Crafts Blog!  You will not be disappointed!

You are also invited to La La Land Crafts BIRTHDAY BEACH BASH to help La-La turn ONE!!  Come and join us from August 1st through August 9th!  We plan to celebrate in a GRAND WAY with games, hops, and prizes!!

Please join us for a fun-filled, week-long celebration for La-La Land's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!  Lots of games hops and PRIZES!

Hugs & Smiles,

6 comments:

Cheryl Valadez said...

Karen, Lala looks perfectly regal on your card! Love those soft, muted colors and I absolutely adore that rose! Such a beautiful handmade embellie and the book page gives it a nice vintage-y feel. Great project!

Kristine said...

Such an elegant look with this Princess Lala and the Capella paper--LOVE THIS!! Your flower is so awesome too... great job using pages of a book for that *Ü* Have a great day!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the colors you chose and that flower from the old book is just fabulous!

1LuvnMama said...

OMGoodness Karen! I luv the vintage feel of your card and the wonderful flower you created . . . fabulous! :)

Unknown said...

Wow! This is gorgoeus, Karen! So elegant!

Maureen said...

Just gorgeous! I love those papers too and your flower is beautiful!